Marketing Automation isn’t just a fancy words that companies use to make their clients feel better. Marketing Automation started off in 1999 and it is still going strong today, with multiple new platforms cropping up from unexpected corners. A study by Gleanster reports that 90% of companies concede that they use marketing automation software, regularly and periodically, for large-volume email campaigns.
Artificial intelligence is the best solution to the problems faced in Marketing Automation software. AI (Artificial Intelligence) is what will make one-to-one personalization and account-based marketing (ABM) into realities.
How does Artificial Intelligence work?
- AI gathers customer and audience data at a very large scale, very quickly.
- Then the AI system categorizes, sorts and prioritizes all these information and builds associations like a human brain does.
- As these separate data are put together, the AI generates rich profiles of each of the individual users.
- This brings in far better leads for the sales and outbound marketing teams.
- With AI, you can deploy ABM at scale across all accounts, by removing the restrictions due to cost and manpower that are usually involved in staff-dependent processes.
- AI provides real-time insights into customer personalities and recommends what marketers can use to create customized content that drives personalized digital experiences for your prospects and customers.
Artificial intelligence has the power to make insightful associations from a huge variety of data. This is how it efficiently distinguishes patterns and behaviors that discover targets, rather than depending on their titles. In fact, old school lead generation can be hindered by the fact that only 20% of the people, who a marketer wants to get in touch with, use the actual titles related to their job functions.
Benefits of AI in Marketing Automation Software
- Personas: Real-time personas are generated by AI as it tracks and analyzes internal and external data on the behavior of prospects and customers. These personas are far more actionable as they are built on real and observable data.
- Lead Identification: AI identifies good leads and recommends the perfect touch points and messaging for each target. This recommendation is based on actual data about the customers’ preferences and actions, and not on generalized archetyping. The more time an AI spends with the target, the more accurate the personalization become.
- Infrastructure: AI has the ability to learn and make ongoing decisions without supervision. It continues to learn and improve as you keep feeding more and more data, making the infrastructure of the entire platform lightweight.
- Lead Generation: AI provides improved quality of leads at low cost, making lead generation far more targeted and effective.
- Response Time: Speed to response time is shortened exponentially as an AI-integrated marketing automation software responds with personalized emails almost instantly, closing any “opportunity gap,” while understanding the customer’s context and needs. What is even better is that it can do across multiple digital channels with seamless consistency.
- Data Connections: AI-enhance marketing automation software can collect and connect data from all sources. Because it can work with such a vast variety of data, it can deliver a richer and more distinct profile of your customer. This ability to assimilate a wide range of data and learn from them eliminated marketing automation’s need for existing big data architecture.
Other Benefits include:
- Cost Benefits: Marketers can remove the pricey marketing automation programming and administration, reducing the overall cost per lead.
- ROI Improves: ROI increases, not only because of cost containment but because quality leads drive better conversations. ROI is also fast as the leads are supplied from day one.
- Ease of Use: Integrating an AI into marketing automation software is so easy that all you have to do is set it and forget it. This frees up a lot of time and energy for the marketers.
- Content Optimization: AI can easily identify high-performance keywords that your customers will respond to, knows what content will be shared, keeps the inventory of old content and recycles it rather than create new content every time.
All types of companies are already effectively executing machine learning beyond just marketing areas. Adopting Artificial intelligence is the new normal, the same way adopting marketing automation was over the last few years.